The COVID-19 Small Business Grant deadline is coming to a close with final applications due by June 1 2020.
The below information touches on the COVID-19 Grant eligibility criteria, documents required to prove eligibility and how to apply for the grant. We have also had a few clients receive an email fromService NSW regarding this grant so read below if you have also received one.
Small Business COVID-19 Support Grant
This is a $10,000 grant for Small Businesses open for application until June 1 2020. Applicants will likely be subject to an audit by the NSW Government or its representatives in the future, so check the criteria to determine your eligibility closely. Service NSW may ask for a combination of documents to support eligibility such as a letter from an accountant, prior BAS Statements, income tax declarations, bank statements for relevant periods and other documents where required.
- Have between 1-19 employees
- Annual turnover of more than $75,000
- Have total Australian wages below the NSW payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- Have an ABN as of March 1 2020
- Based in NSW and employ staff at March 1 2020
- Highly impacted by the NSW COVID-19 Restrictions on Gatherings Order in issue on 30 March 2020
- Decline in turnover of over 75% over a two-week period compared to the same two weeks last year
- Have unavoidable business costs not otherwise the subject of other NSW and Commonwealth Government Financial Assistance measures
- Industries: accommodation & food services, administrative & support services, arts & recreation services, information, media & telecommunications, manufacturing, other services (Brothel, Hairdresser, Beautician, Laundry & Dry-cleaning services), retail, transport, rental, hiring & real estate, education & training and wholesale trade
- Sole traders are not eligible for this grant
For more information on this grant, click here.
How to apply:
The easiest way to apply is online, through Service NSW on the link here.
If you meet all the criteria excluding the industry criteria, it is worth giving Service NSW a call on 13 77 88 to discuss your eligibility for this grant. Note that if you are a Sole Trader, you will be ineligible for this grant.
Email from Service NSW
A few of our clients have received an email from service NSW along the lines of ‘Thank you for submitting your application for the small business COVID-19 support grant. We have had a high number of applications and are working through them as quickly as possible – it may take up to 10 business days from the date of this email to assess your application and notify you of an outcome. We apologise for the delay’.
We have talked to Service NSW as most of these clients have not applied for the COVID-19 support Grant. From this conversation, we have been told that this email was a bulk email to most parties who applied for both the COVID-19 Grant and the Bushfire Grant. This is due to the delay in processing applications through both Service NSW and the NSW Treasury. Service NSW sent out a bulk email to reduce phone traffic checking on where the processing is up to for either of these grants.