We have received a bit more clarity around the NSW business support payments.
The new measures include:
- Increased small business support payments depending on the decline in business turnover experienced over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 26 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more
- A ‘JobSaver’ employee retention scheme providing cashflow support to businesses to help them retain staff. The cash boost will be up to 40% of weekly payroll with a weekly payment of between $1,500 to a maximum of $10,000, provided staffing levels are maintained at the level as of 13 July 2021. Non-employing businesses are eligible for $1,000 per week
- $1,500 grants per fortnight for microbusinesses (annual turnover between $30,000 and $75,000) that have suffered at least a 30% decline in turnover
- Payroll tax deferrals for all businesses and a 25% concession for medium-sized businesses that have suffered a 30% revenue decline
- A requirement on landlords to participate in mediation before taking actions to evict tenants
- Up to 100% land tax concessions for commercial landlords who provide rent relief
- A $75 million support package for the performing arts sector to be administered by Create NSW
- A Support package for the accommodation sector worth $26 million
- An increase in the payment amount for stood down workers, and for this to now be available to workers outside of the Greater Sydney lockdown areas
- Expanded mental health services
Applications for grants open from today. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss anything with us before applying.